CASA River Century
Overview and Information
This year's 2016 River Century features the best of previous year's rides; and we have added several new areas to allow riders to see the most beautiful parts of the West Virginia Panhandle. Ride past century old homes, apple orchards, tree lined roads, the Potomac River and family farms. Please read the course descriptions below.
The CASA River Century Features
- Routes tested by committee members and Potomac Peddlars Bike Club for safety and ease.
- Fully supported ride with sag support, bike mechanics, and first aid
- Aid stations along route with our delicious trail mix, fresh fruit, energy gels, sports drinks, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and treats at every stop
- Once you finish, join us for our famous post-ride picnic
- Clearly marked routes
With newly designed routes, we want to give you all of the information we can. We have posted our cue sheets, GPS Routes, and printable maps for your reference.
What is CASA? CASA stands for the Court Appointed Special Advocate Program, which works with abused and neglected children after the child is removed from their home. Trained CASA volunteers work directly with the judge appointed to the child's case; as well as the child, their family, neighbors and school to recommend and find a safe and permanent home for the child. See mycasaep.org; or CASAForChildren.org for more information.
- Pre-registration | Fun Ride | Rider Mixer Friday, May 20, 2016: (NEW & UPDATED) Starting this year, we will be having pre-registration on Friday, May...Read More...
- The new River Century web site was launched in partnership with Pro Design, LLC and CASA of the Eastern Panhandle. The new web site incorporates...Read More...